If a user has forgotten the passcode to their iPad (6 digit numeric), there are two options:
1. If the iPad is connected to a WiFi network, you can wipe the passcode remotely using Jamf.
In Jamf, click on Devices > Search > Enter the iPad name (e.g. D 32881) or the user's name > Select the device > Management > Clear Passcode.
2. If the iPad is not connected to a WiFi network, you have to wipe and restore the device and set it up as a new device.
- Plug the iPad into a MacBook. Open Apple Configurator 2.
- Put the iPad into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the home button and the power button simultaneously for several seconds (~20 seconds).
- The iPad should appear in Configurator. Click on the icon for the iPad within Configurator and select Update from the menu above. Select Restore.
- The restore should take several minutes.