GMU – Single Sign On Setup
Summary: This is an overview for setting up Single Sing On for WCC. Once you have followed these steps, it should improve the login process for the new system. It is important to note that all passwords in WCC will change for unique users (not for generic users). The reason is because Okta retains all logins and passwords to help you login in one place. Changing your password will disconnect the link between Okta, Shibboleth and WCC.
Setting up SSO
You may use either Chrome or Firefox. Chrome is preferred.
Open a Chrome browser
Click the Apps icon in the top left-hand side of screen:
Select Web Store
In the search field, type and select Okta Browser Plugin
Select Add to Chrome for the OKTA plugin
In the top right-hand corner of your browser, you should have the Okta Plugin icon
In a new browser, type in veracity.okta.com
- Enter your GMU username and click next.
- If you have not installed the Okta plugin, you will be prompted to install it after you login.
You will be directed to the GMU sign in page. Enter your normal GMU username and password
- Now you should automatically be signed into WCC
Now that you have signed into all sites, you have connected them together for a simpler sign in process going forward. You will now have the Okta plugin (a blue circle icon) at the top right-hand corner of your browser.
Keeping your Chrome browser up will automatically log you into WCC by signing into Okta going forward. Just select the GMU WCC app:
New User Creation for Single Sign On
- Call or email customer support with the following information:
- User Name
- User / Agent Profile Access
- Contact Information
- Phone: Numbers 801-379-3000 and 800-213-1315
- Email: email@example.com
- All generic users will need to be created in WCC by the GMU department administrator.